our next Meetup will be on Wednesday 2023-06-07, 19:15 CET.
We will have to talks this time around:
- First Kai is going to give a short beginner friendly introduction to the clap crate. A very flexible user-friendly library for command line argument parsing.
- Following that Florian will talk about undefined behavior. Undefined behavior is the bane of many C programmers existence. What about Rust though? Particularly its unsafe subset.
Later there will be time for open discussions and questions.
We are looking forward to seeing you. :-)
Yours, Kai and Florian
The meetup will likely be held in German, we will however reevaluate this at the beginning of the evening and may switch to English if needed.
COVID-19 measures: We have restricted the maximum number of participants to ensure social distancing is possible. Accordingly we need to know how many people will attend the meetup. Please make sure to register and, in case you are no longer able to attend, cancel your registration. Feel free to privately send us a message if you think that more safety measures are required.
Have you ever written an application but then didn’t find the time to document or sanitize the command line arguments? Got tired of parsing all those numbers, IP addresses and giving the user proper feedback of what they did wrong? In this short introduction we’ll learn how to quickly set up a user-friendly command line interface for your Rust application using clap.
Undefined behavior and the nasal demons it invokes are a problem in some systems programming languages. Rust is virtually free of it in its safe subset. However, the unsafe subset can still invoke undefined behavior. This talk will explore how (unsafe) Rust compares to C in terms of its undefined behavior.
Location: Chaos Computer Club Cologne (c4) e.V.
- Via subway lines 3, 4, or 13 to “Venloer Straße/Gürtel” (exit the station towards “Heliosstr./Bezirksverwaltung”)
- Via bus lines 141, 142, or 143 to “Venloer Straße/Gürtel”
- Via train to “Köln-Ehrenfeld” (exit the station towards “Venloer Straße”)
Cross Venloer Straße and go into Heliosstraße. After 2–3min you arrive at the last building before an apartment complex labeled “Stayery” (on the right side). The entrance is next to the parking spots.