our next Meetup will be on Wednesday 2022-09-07, 19:15 CEST.
clippy is for people who find a certain emptiness inside when they finally get code through the compiler
When writing Rust did you ever feel like “it works, but there must be a better way”?
clippy is a linting tool that helps you find and solve common issues when learning Rust.
Especially when coming from another programming language
clippy will help make the transition
easier by recognizing anti-patterns and pointing out possible logic errors.
clippy can be used in a couple of ways:
- protective: “Attention, this is likely not doing what you had in mind.”
- instructive: “Did you know there’s a new language feature covering your use case?”
- cautious: “Are you sure, this is safe to do?”
- sadistic: “This will make your rocket launch fail whenever your computer gets too close to a black hole on a Friday”
Kai will give you a live-coding tour through
clippy, showing how it can help you to find bugs,
learn idiomatic programming patterns, discover helpful functions in the
introduce new language features and how it can ruin your code if you go too far.
Any remaining time will be used as open space: Imagine a bazaar, where you can suggest topics and spontaneously join any discussion you find interesting. It all depends on your interests. You can enjoy some drinks, meet nice people and discuss about Rust.
We are looking forward to seeing you. :-)
Yours, Florian and Kai
The meetup will likely be held in German, we will however reevaluate this at the beginning of the evening and may switch to English if needed.
Due to COVID-19 still being around there are some precautions we feel are necessary to make everyone at ease.
We have restricted the maximum number of participants to ensure social distancing is possible. Accordingly we need to know how many people will attend the meetup. Please make sure to register and, in case you are no longer able to attend, cancel your registration.
Additionally we generally expect participants to wear masks. During warm weather the venue allows for decent ventilation. In this case participants may unanimously decide masking is not necessary.
We’ll learn how idiomatic Rust looks like and how
clippycan teach you to become a better rustacean over time.
Location: Chaos Computer Club Cologne (c4) e.V.
- Via subway lines 3, 4, or 13 to “Venloer Straße/Gürtel” (exit the station towards “Heliosstr./Bezirksverwaltung”)
- Via bus lines 141, 142, or 143 to “Venloer Straße/Gürtel”
- Via train to “Köln-Ehrenfeld” (exit the station towards “Venloer Straße”)
Cross Venloer Straße and go into Heliosstraße. After 2–3min you arrive at the last building before an apartment complex labeled “Stayery” (on the right side). The entrance is next to the parking spots.