The agenda for the evening will be roughly the following:
- up until 19:15: time to get some cold drinks
- 19:15: a short round of introductions
- 19:30: while Matthias gets set up (the talk will be recorded), you can grab some more (cold) beverages
- 19:40: Matthias’ talk about hyperjson
- 19:50: short pause to let people get more drinks
- (whenever Matthias stops talking): time to check out what other flavors of cold drinks the C4 has in stock
- rest of the evening: Q&A/open space/getting more drinks
We are looking forward to seeing you. :-)
Yours, Pascal and Florian
The meetup will likely be held in German, we will however reevaluate this at the beginning of the evening and may switch to English if needed.
During a recent Python Hackathon in Düsseldorf, Matthias somehow managed to sneak in some Rust code while writing a fast, safe Python module for encoding and decoding JSON. It passes (most of) the Python test suite for the
jsonmodule and was unreasonably pleasant to write. Listen carefully as he tells the story of a little side-project that got out of hand and how Rust can help speed up even the most boring, highly-optimized tasks like parsing file formats in the future.
Location: Chaos Computer Club Cologne (c4) e.V.
- Via subway lines 3, 4, or 13 to “Venloer Straße/Gürtel” (exit the station towards “Heliosstr./Bezirksverwaltung”)
- Via bus lines 141, 142, or 143 to “Venloer Straße/Gürtel”
- Via train to “Köln-Ehrenfeld” (exit the station towards “Venloer Straße”)
Cross Venloer Straße and go into Heliosstraße. After 2–3min you arrive at the last building before a construction site (on the right side). Entrance is next to the parking spots.