Let’s get together and hack on some brand new Rust macros, shall we? :-)
With Rust 1.15 scheduled for early February, the highly anticipated procedural macros 1.1 (aka custom derives) are finally going to be stable.
- A short introduction to macros 1.1
- Peer up (optional)
- Pick a project and start hacking*
* If you are unfamiliar with Rust itself or procedural macros in Rust, you are welcome to start with a small toy project, work in a group, and ask fellow Rustaceans for guidance!
As always, you can enjoy some drinks, meet nice people and discuss about Rust.
The meetup will likely be held in German, we will however reevaluate this at the beginning of the evening and may switch to English if needed.
Update: This time around, our introduction included the chance for everyone to present one ‘pick’, i.e., something they enjoyed recently. Colin transcribed our picks here. Thanks!
Location: Chaos Computer Club Cologne (c4) e.V.
- Via subway lines 3, 4, or 13 to “Venloer Straße/Gürtel” (exit the station towards “Heliosstr./Bezirksverwaltung”)
- Via bus lines 141, 142, or 143 to “Venloer Straße/Gürtel”
- Via train to “Köln-Ehrenfeld” (exit the station towards “Venloer Straße”)
Cross Venloer Straße and go into Heliosstraße. After 2–3min you arrive at the last building before the supermarket (on the right side). Entrance is next to the parking spots.