Our next meetup will be all around testing. You can enjoy some drinks, meet nice people and collaboratively solve simple programming problems in rust.
All you need is:
- some programming skills
- interest in pair programming
- if possible: your own notebook with Rust and your favourite editor (because shortcuts, keyboard layouts etc. can differ a lot)
- and since this is a social event (not a competition): good manners as in the Rust Code of Conduct ;-)
- Introducing everyone
- Short talk about testing in Rust
- Forming pairs & Assigning problems
- Round 1 (pairs): Writing test cases for the problem
- Presentation of test cases to the group for feedback on clarity
- (Optional: Switch problems between pairs, to make it more interesting)
- Round 2 (pairs): Writing implementations, which satisfy the tests
- Presentation and discussion of results
- We will try to select easy problems, supposed to be solvable in roughly 15-30 minutes by novices with only basic Rust experience.
- Some experienced Rust programmers will act as mentors during the two pair programming rounds. These mentors will not participate in pairs themselves, but answer questions and provide tips.
- If you like to join this meetup, please let us know at meetup.com. We are looking forward to see you. :-)
- The meetup will likely be held in German, we will however reevaluate this at the meetup and may switch to English if needed.
Location: Chaos Computer Club Cologne (c4) e.V.
- Via subway lines 3, 4, or 13 to “Venloer Straße/Gürtel” (exit the station towards “Heliosstr./Bezirksverwaltung”)
- Via bus lines 141, 142, or 143 to “Venloer Straße/Gürtel”
- Via train to “Köln-Ehrenfeld” (exit the station towards “Venloer Straße”)
Cross Venloer Straße and go into Heliosstraße. After 2–3min you arrive at the last building before a construction site (on the right side). Entrance is next to the parking spots.