It is official: It’s been two years since Rust’s 1.0 release! And that means we need two meetups to celebrate that – good thing we already had a test run for that last year!
That’s why we invite you to join us on June 7 at 19:15 CEST!
Our agenda so far is this:
- A short summary of what happened the last year in Rust. If you have something that really excited you and that you want to share, you are very welcome to do so!
- Florian will talk about Inline Assembly. Rust’s support for inline assembly is currently unstable. The talk will give an overview of the current unstable implementation in Rust, as well as inline assembly support available in other programming languages. stabilize would be. This will lead into a discussion about a sensible design for this feature and a way to stabilize this eventually.
Oh, and also, we plan to have some pizza!
We are looking forward to seeing you. :-)
Yours, Jan-Erik, Pascal, Florian and Colin
The meetup will likely be held in German, we will however reevaluate this at the beginning of the evening and may switch to English if needed.
Please let us know if you're planning to drop by! :-)
Chaos Computer Club Cologne (c4) e.V.
- Via subway lines 3, 4, or 13 to “Venloer Straße/Gürtel” (exit the station towards “Heliosstr./Bezirksverwaltung”)
- Via bus lines 141, 142, or 143 to “Venloer Straße/Gürtel”
- Via train to “Köln-Ehrenfeld” (exit the station towards “Venloer Straße”)
Cross Venloer Straße and go into Heliosstraße. After 2–3min you arrive at the last building before the supermarket (on the right side). Entrance is next to the parking spots.