Our next meetup will be all around testing. You can enjoy some drinks, meet nice people and collaboratively solve simple programming problems in rust.
All you need is:
- some programming skills
- interest in pair programming
- if possible: your own notebook with Rust and your favourite editor (because shortcuts, keyboard layouts etc. can differ a lot)
- and since this is a social event (not a competition): good manners as in the Rust Code of Conduct ;-)
- Introducing everyone
- Short talk about testing in Rust
- Forming pairs & Assigning problems
- Round 1 (pairs): Writing test cases for the problem
- Presentation of test cases to the group for feedback on clarity
- (Optional: Switch problems between pairs, to make it more interesting)
- Round 2 (pairs): Writing implementations, which satisfy the tests
- Presentation and discussion of results
- We will try to select easy problems, supposed to be solvable in roughly 15-30 minutes by novices with only basic Rust experience.
- Some experienced Rust programmers will act as mentors during the two pair programming rounds. These mentors will not participate in pairs themselves, but answer questions and provide tips.
- If you like to join this meetup, please let us know at meetup.com. We are looking forward to see you. :-)
- The meetup will likely be held in German, we will however reevaluate this at the meetup and may switch to English if needed.
Chaos Computer Club Cologne (c4) e.V.
- Via subway lines 3, 4, or 13 to “Venloer Straße/Gürtel” (exit the station towards “Heliosstr./Bezirksverwaltung”)
- Via bus lines 141, 142, or 143 to “Venloer Straße/Gürtel”
- Via train to “Köln-Ehrenfeld” (exit the station towards “Venloer Straße”)
Cross Venloer Straße and go into Heliosstraße. After 2–3min you arrive at the last building before the supermarket (on the right side). Entrance is next to the parking spots.